Saturday, January 13, 2007

To Match or Not to Match

It seems that online dating sites are all the rage in the over-40 dating scene these days. All of my single friends are winking away at Match.com and seem to be having a grand old time. Me? I'm skeptical. Mostly, I think I'm skeptical because I was on the cutting edge of Internet dating some eight years ago... you see, I met Mr. Small in an Internet chat room and we all see how THAT turned out. Of course, we've also seen how relying on friends and acquaintances to introduce you turned out too! LOL

I've been trying to come up with a witty screen name and intro. Tell me what you think:

Screen Name: 41SINK

Secure, independent, fun-loving professional seeking same for companionship and possible romance. No children - just an adorable terrier mix pup. I prefer to keep it that way. I like my life to be simple and am content living on my own.

My ideal match is someone who is sincere and spiritual and possesses a love for life and all living things. Ideally, he would also love live music (including symphony, jazz and big band), know how to dance (swing, rhumba, cha-cha, etc), 'get' indy films and be able to hold his own in an erudite discussion.

I'm not looking to play games... but I'm not looking to get married either. I'm just looking for true and sincere companionship. I am a deeply passionate person, but I do not believe that casual and sex belong in the same sentence.

If you feel that we could be a 'match', give me a shout out!
===============================
What say ye, oh faithful reader(s).?

7 comments:

Ron said...

Might be 'alittle' short... nothing else to say about your ideal match? but i wouldn't worry about my opinion, i'm still trying to figure out what "erudite" means!

(guess that rules me out!) Ha!

Lauren said...

Main Entry: er·u·dite
Pronunciation: 'er-&-"dIt, 'er-y&-
Function: adjective
1: possessing or displaying erudition : LEARNED (an erudite scholar)
Erudition
1: extensive knowledge acquired chiefly from books
2: profound, recondite, or bookish learning

Lauren said...

Oh, and perhaps I should address the "short" issue. LOL Given that my last date was confused about his height!

Lauren said...

Perhaps I should define recondite too...
1 : hidden from sight : CONCEALED
2 : difficult or impossible for one of ordinary understanding or knowledge to comprehend : DEEP

Ron said...

forgot to ask, what does 'get' indy films mean? Being from indiana, i can only assume that you are an extreme indy 500 fanatic, and love watching old
films of races... am i correct?

tgov said...

I like it. Brief, but I happen to think that's a good thing. Someone who gravitates towards what you've written, and is sincerely interested will write to find out more.

and the lighthearted touches? very very good.

btw, I met my ex-h at the gym, and look where that got me. My current beau I met online (although he is uncomfortable admitting it) and it was DEFINATELY the specifics of my profile that caught his eye: a woman who likes cooking, camping and reading non-fiction! So, YES, ask for what you want, and let that criteria do much of the weeding-out for you!

Best of luck with it!

Lauren said...

Ron... sorry, hon... it means independent films. LOL