Sunday, October 28, 2007

WARNING: Political Post

Today, I watched the Republican Presidential Debate on Fox. I know, I know... people think Fox is biased and right wing and wacky... but I wanted to hear what these guys had to say. I was struck by the answers of Congressman (Dr.) Ron Paul. I've long been a Constitutional Republican and I was absolutely floored to find someone going against the "New Republican" philosophy. Over these past eight years, I've grown increasingly dissatisfied with the direction the Republican Party has taken. Once the party of limited powers of the Federal Government, low taxes and free markets, they've become a cheap knock-off of their Democrat counterparts... all about spending and invading personal liberties. It's really quite frightening.

While many may find Paul to be shocking in his views, I find him refreshing. Although I don't agree with him 100% on all issues, neither do I agree with any OTHER candidate 100% on all issues. Of course, I tend to lean a bit Libertarian and Paul has Libertarian roots. That being said, I invite you to visit his site and read for yourself: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

I was so impressed by his performance in the debate that I pulled out the check book and donated. Then I signed up to run a signature campaign to get his name on the ballot in Virginia. I encourage each of you to do the same for the candidate of your choice. This is, after all, supposed to be OUR country. Let's make our voices heard!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Well, i cant say i'm pleased with ron pauls health care stance, he isn't wearing the shoes of many of my friends who work for themselves and simply cant afford the super high costs of medical insurance. his answers to this fall far short of reality. Hope you are doing ok Lauren...