Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Case of the "I don't give a shits"

Have you ever had days where you just don't give a hairy rat's ass about anything? Here's the list of things I need to do:

  1. Get the rest of my business holiday cards addressed and mailed.
  2. Follow-up with over a dozen people who've cancelled appointments over the past few weeks to reschedule.
  3. Process a bunch of paperwork to get cases released
  4. Prospect for new business
  5. File
  6. Start estimating 4th quarter taxes
  7. Schedule 2008 Planning Meetings
  8. and about a hundred other items and tasks... including putting up my Christmas tree!

Know what? I have no inclination to do any of it. Maybe it's the bug I've been fighting off... maybe it's the dismal, gray weather... maybe it's that I'd rather be working on the new play list for the band... or maybe it is, indeed, that I just don't give a shit. I think I'll give myself permission to indulge in this feeling -- just for today. Tomorrow, I'll tackle the "To Do" list again. Whew, what a relief!

No comments: