Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's too much...

I am in a personal crisis. I am overwhelmed by the enormity of the events that face me: selling the house (which includes a plethora of details - things that need to be fixed or cleaned or de-cluttered), buying a new one... oh yeah, and a divorce. Today, I can't stop the tears and I'm paralyzed by the sheer magnitude of the mountain in front of me.

The sad part is that I've spent so much time at work and with online communities that there's no one IRL that I can call.

What am I supposed to do now?

4 comments:

Timestep said...

I'm so sorry. Just remember, it's baby steps. You know that you will reach a point of happiness again - that once the other resident is out the strain you feel will diminish.

I know we all wondered why you were doing this - but I also understand that sometimes you just have to make sure it was the right thing.

I think about you often - I hope you have some idea. I know we can't replace RL friends (and I know we hold a special place for you) but please remember we are firmly in your corner.

HUGS!!

Lauren said...

Thanks so much. I keep having these strange "calling for my mother" dreams that are starting to freak me out. That, and I can't go more than a couple of hours without crying. I know it's just stress and too much of it, at that... but I'm wrung out.

Jules said...

CYE on Facebook, k? I sent you my phone numbers.

We may be online friends, but I can talk a lot like I type! And listen better... :) Hugs, hon. you're not alone. Jules

tgov said...

hang in there, lauren. the emotional stress will manifest itself physically, so take care of yourself with extra attention during this time. go for long walks, schedule a massage, indulge in a weekly manicure or an occasional blow-out. It SOUNDS indulgent, but having someone's caring touch without any emotional debt can make a real difference.