Sunday, July 26, 2009

Moving On

I've been in Midlothian for one month today... divorce complaint has been filed... new job is underway... life is settling in.

It's odd that my parents are selling the home in which I grew up. I spent the morning and early afternoon sorting through a big box of my stuff from high school and college... it's funny because there are some people of whom I have absolutely no recollection. Then, there are the fond memories, like Richard Greener -- a summer vacation crush from 1979. Mom found pictures and I found several letters he wrote me... Oh, for the innocence of youth.

Feeling nostalgic tonight and more than a little lonely... This is a lot of change to process all at once. I know I need to be cautious with my feelings... I'm probably the most vulnerable I've been in years.

Moving on... to what? Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Timestep said...

Hey, I've been hoping you'd update soon.

It sounds like things are moving forward. I hope . . . well I hope you find happiness and peace soon.

tims_mom said...

May the steps you take forward, lead you on the path you've been destined to take, one that gives you peace and happiness. ((((HUGS)))

Nancy

Lauren said...

Thanks, you guys! I was having a particularly bad night that night. I'm feeling much more optimistic and happy right now.