Friday, January 04, 2008

Hypothetically speaking...

Today, I had a lunch meeting with my regional manager. I thought it a bit odd that he asked me to lunch and then drove three and-a-half hours to meet with me just to discuss the weather... so I kept waiting for him to get to the point of the meeting. After I'd discussed all of my successes in '07 and my plans for the new year, he finally got to the reason for his visit: he wanted to find out if I'd be interested in a management position - IF he had one open, which he doesn't at the moment.

After further discussions, I determined which position he was trying to fill and told him that, dependent on the remuneration, I would be happy to consider the job, should it become available.

After just two years with the company, I'm being considered for a management job... how cool is that? Hypothetically speaking, of course...

1 comment:

Timestep said...

Fingers crossed that this is just the first of wonderful things that happen to you in 2008!