Wednesday, February 13, 2008

And Virginia goes to...

a dichotomous duo: Obama and McCain -- creating an interesting night, to say the least. The voting process was once again a source of discord in my household with the malcontent non-citizen preaching to the politically active citizen about how she should have voted. As you can imagine, that went over like a fart in church.

I was also informed this morning that today is the day that the aforementioned malcontent is going to give his boss an ultimatum about his salary and that if he doesn't get the answer he wants, he's "out of there." Didn't I predict that he'd quit his job in March? Anyone living in the "Potomac Primary" area be prepared to see an explosion of nuclear proportions if he actually goes through with it.

My start date for my new job is March 1st. The reactions have been mixed and very few people have seemed genuinely happy for me. But that's okay... it's not about THEM... it's MY promotion and no one can take that away from me -- not even a gaggle of kill-joys!!!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Keep us posted on your new promotion, L...I can't wait to see how you like your new job. You and I are a lot alike that way...we always need new challenges.

Jules

tims_mom said...

I think the promo is just what you need. Don't let the malcontents in your life, squash your excitement. It's there for YOUR taking...make the most of it! ((((HUGS))))

Nancy

Timestep said...

So, what happened with the malcontent?

Don't let the distractors rain on your parade. Based on the way they treated you - I suspect they are pissed their plan to interupt your career didn't work.

I can't wait for March 1.