Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Boat

Today, I got the job offer. It's more money than I ever imagined I would make in a year. The bonus, the car, the expense account... it all just leaves me speechless. The fact that the National Director of Sales is the one who recommended me for the job makes it all the more special.

The part that makes me want to cry is that before the first sip of champagne had been swallowed, "A" made his request... "Now that you're going to be making so much money, do you think you could buy me a boat?"

Not so much as the first check in the bank and it's already about him.

Need I say more?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations on the job!!!!!!!!!!! That is so amazing and I am so excited for you... wow!!!!

And A...oh A... I am just so very sorry about it all. I hope you can figure out what is best soon.

You are in my thoughts lots! And this is good news!

Timestep said...

Congrats on the job. I'm really impressed with you!

(is it really sad that my first thought was "parting gift?")

Sorry, probably a bit inappropriate.

I'm sorry that was the first thought.

tgov said...

many, many congratulations! that kind of recommendation is the result of earned respect, and no matter how many of the 'old guard' are ruffled by it, you will most certainly earn their (probably begrudged) respect, as well.

Do not be trepiditious. Go forth, and conquor! (and celebrate a bit along the way!)