Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Yesterday Once More

shoo-bee-dooo-lang-lay....

Yesterday came and went without any announcement. What we did hear through the grapevine was that our wholesaling department has been decimated. We also heard that every other person in my position on the entire East Coast is being told to do the same thing I've been told to do -- all with eyes toward the ONE position that is open in my region. Nice.

Since my last post, I've stopped functioning normally. Everything I hear seems to be tied in some freakish way to the fact that my job is being eliminated. "Did you hear that Tony was late to work this morning?" My brain thinks: "He must have been at a super-secret meeting talking about the lay-offs. I KNEW it!!!"

Even GOOD news freaks me out. I had my annual review and it went really, really well. I got a nice bonus, albeit less than I had projected and was told that I'm also getting a raise, but he didn't know how much... My brain thinks: "He's not telling me how much because there really isn't going to BE a raise -- he's just stringing me along." I have RIFitis. There, I've said it. So sue me!

I've decided that the cure for this disease is a nice slumber party at the home of my friend, colleague and partner in crime in Richmond. We have a plan to annihilate our brains with copious amounts of alcohol so that we can't REMEMBER that there are lay-offs coming.

Hey, it's a plan. I doubt if you could come up with a better one, so lay-off! See, there I go again!

2 comments:

Timestep said...

Your girls weekend sounds like a great idea.

I'm sorry that with so many other stresses - this has been added.

I'm confident the right option will present itself. Have faith and keep your options open. Know we are behind you!

Jules said...

((HUGS))

Having been laid off from my last two jobs in a row, I hear ya sister. Sometimes with the rumors flying you just wants to scream "ALL RIGHT ALREADY! JUST PULL THE DAM* PLUG!!!"

Not knowing is the worst. Here's to knowing something and that it's not that bad...

Jules