Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tomorrow is D-Day

At 9 am I will sit down for a six hour examination to become a General Securities Representative, which - along with 79 cents will get me a cup of Joe at the 7-11. The Universe has conspired against me this weekend. My home computer crashed and, along with it, the study interface for the practice exams. I've been relying on the old-fashioned method of studying: reading. I decided to take my ONE online practice this morning and the results were less-than-stellar -- not even a passing grade. That's frightening, given that the exam is just 17 hours away.

I printed out the results and trouble-shot the areas where I missed the most questions. Then, I decided to take another break to see if I could get the #&&"*#(% computer to cooperate with me. I have it running again, but I am unable to access any of the program files associated with my corrupt version of XP. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

So, it's back to the BOOK with me... all 781 pages of it.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ann Smith said...

Lauren,

Good luck!!! We've missed you on the other board. And I'm going to go over there right now and get everyone thinking WONDERFUL thoughts for you and for the exam tomorrow.
xoxoxoxoxo
Ann

Ann Smith said...

Ok I just reread the date and realized that you've already TAKEN the exam! I hope you're feeling good about how it went. Many good thoughts and big hugs, Lauren. Keep us posted!

xoxoxoxoxox

Ann