Sunday, June 05, 2005

Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water...

WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
You know, I was getting pretty used to not thinking about trying to conceive. I knew we were in the "zone" this month, but since we've tried unsuccessfully for over 6 years, I didn't really give it a second thought. Then came 6 & 7 days past ovulation - I spotted. There have only been three occasions for which I have documentation of mid-cycle spotting... all three were followed by extended spotting and a late period... one of them with a +HPT thrown in for good measure.

So, my body picks the weekend before my 40th birthday to screw with me... spotting started on Friday - which should have been right on time... but no period yesterday... just more spotting... then today - same thing... just more spotting... the spots got a little larger in the early afternoon, but now this evening, we're back to just plain old brown spotting. I realize this is not a subject most folks discuss in polite company... but I'm tired of being polite about this particular subject.

Come on -- either show up, or stop -- one or the other. If the former, so be it, if the latter, I will go to the pharmacy for a test to confirm it. Just DECIDE what you're going to do, you fickle uterus, you!!! Stop messing with a poor, soon-to-be-over-the-hill woman!!!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

(((((((((hugs))))))))))))