Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Spot...

to spot... meaning a small area visibly different in color... but what does small mean? Dime-sized, nickel-sized, quarter-sized? At what point does it cease to be a spot? The reason I ask is that for the past four days now, I've been "spotting". My largest "spot" has been about the size of the half-dollar over the course of about 6 hours. The quality of the spotting seems to change as well. When I move from supine to upright, I get a small amount of red flow - which switches back to brown within the hour. Now, conventional wisdom states that anything that is not red does not count as "normal flow" - but how much red is really red? Does a "spot" of red count? Does that automatically mean that the fat lady is singing?

I know that the likelihood of a viable pregnancy at this point is pretty unlikely... but grasping at straws is something we do... we women who have struggled with infertility... I sometimes think that we would argue with God about whether or not there was a chance we're pg. Ahhhh... the insanity of it all.

So, back to this spot thing... do you think that if I only need a pantyliner, when normally I would need three tampons and a super-absorbent pad means anything (voice trailing off into inaudible muttering)

No comments: