Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Sister for Caleb

I'm in a quandary today. A colleague took me to see a litter of miniature poodle puppies this week from the same mother as one of her pups. Her dog completely changed my opinion of poodles -- a breed I've never been particularly fond of. The puppies are adorable and, being my usual impulsive self, I put down a deposit on one of the little girls. Now I'm having second thoughts. Housebreaking a puppy while working 6 days a week and struggling with health issues and an irregular income stream... what was I thinking? Well, I was thinking that giving Caleb a little brother or sister would make his lonely days less so... but is leaving TWO dogs alone all day any better? Wouldn't the puppy be better off with a SAHM and some kids? Or maybe a retired couple who will love and pamper and cuddle it all day long? Is my guilt at leaving my beloved Caleb home alone clouding my judgment? Is that being MAGNIFIED by the cute factor of the pups? (Did I SAY how adorable the puppies were... Oh. My. Gosh. They're just precious -- this is what they'll look like in a few weeks) Is it possible to love TWO dogs as much as I love Caleb?

Oh, the questions... the sheer magnitude of the decision... I'm overwhelmed.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I have one dog, but used to have two in our house when we had a roommate with a dog...it's MUCH better to have two dogs. They entertain each other, play and have a great time. Get her!!! ENJOY!

Jules