Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blogger's Block

Sorry to have been away for so long, my faithful few! I must admit to staring quite blankly at the screen on several occasions thinking, "surely no one wants to hear these banal musings." I'm not entirely convinced that today's post is worth the bandwidth required to post it; however, I've determined that the only way to break through the block is to just DO IT!

Since last I posted, I have been cast in a dinner theatre show. It's small-time... mostly choral music with some solos and skits thrown in for good measure... and is being done as a fund-raiser for my choir's trip to Germany next year. I'm doing a couple of solos, a trio and a quartet. It's fun... and it's invigorating. I'd forgotten what a sense of wellbeing I get from being involved in creative endeavors -- especially where music is involved. I have to admit to a bit of nostalgic longing creeping in around the edges as well. I know there's no use in "if only, woulda, coulda, shoulda" talk, but I can't help but think what my life might have been had I taken the plunge and gone to New York against my mother's dire warnings of what the city would do to me. ("If you go to New York, they will CHEW you up and SPIT you out.") No good can come of these thoughts... so I try to banish them as soon as they appear.

At work, I closed my first quarter well short of my goal -- there will be no trip for me (at least not this quarter). I'm still working to hit the second quarter goal, but I'll have to practically triple my production. I'd much rather rehearse my music!

On the homefront, I'm planning some landscaping work for the spring -- if I can ever get the blinkin' contractors to return my calls. I have an appointment to have two trees removed and three others heavily pruned. Then, the back yard will be re-graded to alleviate the flooding problem and then a fence will go up. That should pretty well exhaust my home improvement budget for this year. Next year, I'll work on beautification!

Cheese and crackers, this is boring stuff!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Yeah for you for getting back in theater! I know it's a psssion of yous....actng and singing. I went to a murder mystery dinner theater once and it was one of the most fun evenings I've every had.

Glad to see you posting too! Missed ya!

Ron said...

i think everyone has "what if's" that they think about. Its never too late to start something new. but the most important thing is to be happy in whatever life gives you. Your posts seem as though you really enjoy life.

Tammy said...

Glad you're back! I missed you writing and hearing what is happening is your world.

The music stuff sounds great... enjoy each minute!!!

And landscaping... ah, thoughts turn to spring. If only we could get rid of the foot of snow still on the ground...

Good to see you...