Monday, July 17, 2006

What I Want in a Man

Thanks to Jack, over at Sixteen Shades of Grey, I've found myself thinking about what I would want in a partner, if I ever decided to date again. Interestingly, my list looks very similar to Jack's... with a few exceptions and in a slightly different order:

-Loves me
-Affectionate
-Spiritual (NOT religious or narrow-minded)
-Intelligent/well read/well educated
-Good conversationalist
-Good sense of humour
-Well groomed (I'm not hung up on looks so much as just taking care with your appearance)
-Secure and confident
-Loves music and theatre
-Good listener
-Loyal
-Honest
-Romantic
-Nice smile
-Likes to go to new restaurants, movies, shows, museums
-Gets along well with my friends and family
-Considerate
-Generous
-Creative
-Understanding
-Open
-Good kisser (well, maybe that belongs higher up on the list! LOL)

So, what do you think? Does this man exist?

3 comments:

Ron said...

well, lets look at your list... loves me
affectionate
well groomed
intelligent
secure and confident
good listener
loyal
nice smile
gets along well with family/friends
likes to go places
understanding
good kisser....
you know, Lassie would meet all these requirements. maybe you just need to get a dog! ;-)

sorry,couldn't pass that up.

Jules said...

When I got divorced 10 years ago, I never would have guessed that I could find someone with those attributes -- but I did. I made a list of 50 attributes, which included pretty much everything on your list, plus some extras like "must kill spiders for me" and "must shoot a mean game of pool."

I do believe we attract what we want and need out of life. By the time I had that list completed, then revisited it and tweaked it a few times, I met my DH now -- who fit all those attributes to a "T".

You will find yours too. I know it.

Hugs,

Jules

Lauren said...

Jack... hmmm 8 guys, huh? 4 of them are probably under 18 and the other 4 are probably gay! LOL

Normie, no, I haven't read that. My list of things to read just keeps getting longer and longer. I'm going to have to take a VACATION in order to catch up! LOL

Ron, last time I checked, most public venues don't admit dogs - unless it's a seeing-eye dog! Plus, I already HAVE one - his name's Caleb and he's currently curled up at my feet -- exactly where I would expect a MAN to be! LOL

Jules, I've always been a hopeless romantic. That's what's gotten me into trouble. Who knows, Mr. Right could come waltzing into my world at any moment -- or he could RUN into my life at any moment. Stay tuned!