Saturday, July 08, 2006

When the Three-Way Mirror Becomes Your Friend

I never thought it would happen... truly, I didn't... but today, I actually stood in front of one of the dreaded department store mirrors and LIKED what I saw. Over the course of the last few years, I have lost 32 pounds and I am finally able to wear sizes that don't also appear in the Women's Department! I bought two new suits that don't look like gunny sacks or moo-moos! I actually looked like a professional business woman who's only 41, instead of like a fat, old frump!

I've also embarked upon a purging of the closets... tossing sizes with W behind them into a heap and gathering up everything with numbers that mark life events -- like driving, voting and buying beer!

What a glorious day indeed, when the mirror becomes your friend once again and what a startling sight to behold -- a closet with just two suits!

5 comments:

Ron said...

Oh mirror mirror
Friend of mine
Thank you for showing me
A body so fine.

A body that has aged
But aged with grace
One that is strong
And still running the race

So thank you dear friend
For your wonderful view
And for my attitude
Which is bright and anew

Lauren said...

Ron,

Thanks for the poems! You have the soul of a bard. ;o)

Lauren said...

Jack,

I am embarrassed to admit that the only camera I have is on my cell phone! Maybe I can get one of my work mates to snap a picture of me. I promise that when I have my new head shots done for my upcoming graduation announcement, I'll upload it.

3outta5 said...

GOOD! FOR! YOU!!!!! (now pass some of that willpower this way, wouldja? lol)

Timestep said...

Congrats!! This is wonderful. I'm trying my best to join you.