Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What's the point?

You get up each day, shower, dress and get into a box with wheels that hurtles you through space at 65 miles per hour until you reach another box, where you spend most of your day talking to people in other boxes. What's the point? You might say "to make a living" or "to pay the rent"... but what does it all mean -- really?

My husband and I just watched Constantine last night... and it's got me thinking. He made a comment about God being a kid with an ant farm... and there are so many days when I feel like an ant -- moving earth from one place to another until something upsets it and I have to start all over again.

I used to think that raising children would be my important contribution to the Universe. Since that's not happening, I'm hard pressed to figure out what the hell I'm doing here. What's it all about? What's the purpose of it all? Some days it all seems so freakin' useless... meaningless... void.

Can someone PLEASE tell me, what's the point?

No comments: