Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh, Happy Day!

Fall is here and with it a renewed sense of joy and wellbeing. After struggling this past week with a disappointing outcome with a potential employer, today I came face to face with the reason for the disappointment: a better opportunity. I'm excited about the potential to work with a nationally recognized company doing what I love to do.

Beyond that, there is just something refreshing about cool, crisp mornings and breezy afternoons. Even though fall brings with it the unenviable task of raking the copious amounts of pinestraw that fall from the dozen or so trees that surround my home, I don't seem to mind so much. There's a feeling of pride and satisfaction that comes at the end of the day, when all of the straw has been gathered into neat nests surrounding the trees and blanketing the azalea and perennial beds.

Here's to this new season -- may it bring wondrous things!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I will Toast To That! Good luck with your new opportunities.