Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Alpha Dog

Do you know how ridiculous it is to watch a grown man try to exert his dominance over a terrier? This was the scene at my house last night: man eating crackers and cheese (dog's favorite 'people food'), dog sitting a nose-length away waiting for a crumb to be dropped, man yelling at dog, dog ignoring man, woman calling dog, dog ignoring woman, man screaming at dog, dog vaguely moved, man stands up, dog growls... Mexican Stand-off in the living room.

Woman covers her eyes and shakes her head, man heads off to bed in a tiff, woman and dog sleep in guest room.

Welcome to my world.

3 comments:

Timestep said...

Remind me again why you invited this insanity into your home?

Well, at least it provides good blog fodder.

Lauren said...

Yeah... I'm trying to remember that myself. Once again, he was the picture of the perfect husband until we decided to move back in together... then, out came the hairy beast. One of these days I'll learn, I mean REALLY LEARN, that leopards don't change their spots.

Tammy said...

Hugs to you and Caleb... ugh... so sorry that things are so tense and frustrating for you Lauren. I really am. But good for Caleb for standing up for himself!!!