Monday, November 12, 2007

Knee-High in Boxes

I hate disorder. I loathe upheaval. I abhor interruption to my routine. That's where I am right now though, knee-high in boxes with my entire life turned upside down.

The first night with Ali back in the house ended much like our nights used to end before he moved out: me in the guest bedroom and him raising the roof with ear-drum-splitting snoring in the master bedroom... and one very confused puppy trotting back and forth between the two.

Methinks it bodeth not well.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

One day at a time Lauren.... just take it one day at a time. ((((huge hugs))))

Unknown said...

((((Lauren)))Wishing ou luck but dont ever, no matter what the outcome think of it as failure. Whether you are a couple or not.The only failure would be in something happening to your health safety or well being. (((Miss you))
Cindy D

Lauren said...

Thanks, ladies. Last night was better. I dug out the old earplugs. LOL I think part of the trick is to go to bed at the same time instead of me trying to come in once he's already asleep and sawing logs. Of course, I'll probably never have a full, uninterupted night of sleep again because he's up every hour and gets up for good around 4:15 in the morning. I swear his slippers sound like wooden clogs!