Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Live and Let Live, except...

I'm pretty much a live and let live kinda gal -- except where rodents are concerned. It's not that I don't think little mice are cute -- they are -- but they're also NASTY and they carry diseases. Why is this important? Well, I partner with four agencies in my area and one of the agents is a member of PETA. Therefore, she will not do anything to get rid of the mice in her office, save trying to trap them and "humanely relocate them". This has resulted in quite a nice sized family of the critters taking up residence in this office (which, by the way, is FILTHY to begin with).

It's enough that I have to put up with the cigarette smoke, the dirty dishes in the bathroom sink, the smell of dog urine on the carpet, but I simply draw the line when, upon opening the microwave to heat up my lunch, I'm faced with...

MOUSE TURDS...

I tell you, I nearly tossed my cookies right then and there. Surely this has to be a health code violation. When does one draw the line? When does the hazard outweigh the income potential? And this woman wanted me to bring MY puppy in here today to play with HER puppy. I don't want my baby dining on mouse turds! ACK!

My skin's still crawling... I have to get out of here and go somewhere clean... preferably starting with a hazmat decontamination shower!!!!!

4 comments:

Jules said...

We had the same thing happen in the garage when I kept my dog food out there. One day, I picked up the dog food bag, and heard the pitter of dog food falling to the floor. Near the bottom was a lovely mouse-sized hole, then later, I discovered the mother-lode of all piles of mouse poopies all over my garage. We literally pulled everything out, vacuumed and cleaned, and put our stuff back. UGH.

I wonder what would happen if you hid some Mouse D-Con around the place.

Mice pretty much poop where they eat. I'd leave a little food where you see poos out, and see if the numbers go down a bit.

Does Ms. PETA have to know?

EW.

Lauren said...

Jules, my only concern with the D-Con is that she brings her dogs to the office... they're precious and I'd be afraid they'd get into it.

Normie, fear not... I'll never, ever, ever go near that microwave again!!!

Timestep said...

EWWWWWWW! I know we have mice in the house sometimes - but I want to avoid disease. I try to keep everything sealed so they have no interest in the house.

Sorry about this.

3outta5 said...

They make something called "Just One Bite" -- it comes in a hard block/bar. Could you toss one of those behind a fridge, or somewhere where the dogs couldn't get to it. That is really, really gross, and definitely not cool. (But I have family members that are the same way. ICK)