Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting Old Sucks

Since turning 40, it seems that my body is just falling apart... what with my immune system attacking itself, a hole in my eyeball, an upper respiratory infection that's been hanging around for weeks, and now an abnormal "nevus" that will require some cutting and stitches, I just feel like my body is rebelling against me.

Isn't it bad enough that the laugh lines and crows feet are making their appearance?
Or that things that used to point up are now... well, NOT.
Shouldn't it be considered payment in full that cellulite has taken up permanent residence on my derriere and that the mere sight of cheesecake makes my pants get tighter?
I shudder to think what new milestones await me... what joys of maturity.

I'd often heard it said that getting old sucks... I just didn't think it would start sucking quite so soon!

1 comment:

Time said...

I will reiterate, remember those seven little words.