Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005

I bid farewell to sorrow and loss
To pain and unhappiness
I say good riddance to unhealthy relationships
To a dead-end job and a dozen unwanted pounds

This has been a year of change
A year of difficult decisions
A year of endings and of new beginnings
It has seen the death of old dreams and the birth of new

I have struggled and fought -- argued and acquiesced
I have achieved and triumphed -- mediated and overcome
I have wallowed in self-pity yet, thankfully, not become consumed by it
I have seen the error of my ways and have resolved never to repeat them.

I have watched in horror as fellow countrymen’s lives were forever changed
I have wept for those in foreign lands
I have rejoiced at the birth of a new democracy
And mourned the cost

Despite all of its trials and tribulations,
2005 has been a year of growth and transformation
I have renewed my relationship with my Source and
I have been reminded of the value of friends, both far and near

I am thankful for 2005,
But I am not sad to see it pass.
I look forward to the New Year
And pray that peace will be found within its bounds.

3 comments:

Time said...

Here's to 2006! It's one more year older than 2005 :)

Lauren said...

Yeah... there's always THAT. LOL

Mike Todd said...

Beautifully said, Lauren.