Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Procrastination

We're now entering the home stretch... just 12 days left until Christmas... and for the first time in my entire life I have not bought the FIRST present. Just thinking about shopping at this late date sends me into apoplectic fits. I can't BELIEVE I've let it get this far. At first, I was just in no mood to shop -- what with the separation and all and now... well, now I'm just terrified! I'm terrified of all of the frantic shoppers who push and shove and snatch toys from your hand. I'm terrified of the parking... EEGADS, the PARKING!!! And the thought of those lines snaking through the store filled with sick people, angry people, frustrated people, impatient people, people just like me who had rather be anywhere else in the world but here.

Alas, I think tomorrow is the day -- the day I throw caution to the wind and run headlong into the the scariest place of all this time of year... the MALL! I'm going armed with emergency flares and enough food and water to last for three days. If you don't hear from me soon, send search and rescue.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I've got your back Sista.... onward and with caution you go to the mall. Great post Lauren.... I've still got some shoppng to do and everyday that goes by I dread it more.

Good Luck and check in when you're safely back.

Melody said...

I feel your pain...I hate shopping anytime of the year but especially this close to Christmas. I still have to regroup...pull everything that I've purchased out from under the bed, the closets, the cedar chest, the basement...and see what I have and, more importantly, what I don't have. HO HO HO