Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Sneaky Snake Indeed

A snake and an eight year old girl... not typically something you'd think of as a good match, huh? Well, my niece has requested a remote control snake for Christmas and her Aunt Lauren has searched high and low for the sneaky devil. He's eluded me at every turn.

I heard he was in stock at the store in Greenbrier, so off I went. Sold out. They have three at the Norfolk store! No, they won't hold one for me -- it's first come, first served. Quick! Drive like a bat out of hell across town in lunch hour traffic... Sold out. Maybe they have them at Toys R Us. Phone calls yield no results. I could order one online from Florida and for a mere $24, it could be here by Christmas! The snake only costs $19... something's wrong with that picture.

So, today, I will drive to another city -- another COUNTY in search of the elusive snake. Pray that I find him, or I may have to resort to eating fruit from a forbidden tree or something! My baby girl simply MUST have her snake!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

What a sweet aunt you are to do that! Good luck with your snake search.

Melody said...

What happened to girls wanting barbie dolls and cute stuffed animals? Good luck with the search.

Kim said...

What on earth is a remote control snake? I just can't see this thing in my head! Kudos on having a niece who likes snakes, lol

Merry Christmas and good luck with your search!

Lauren said...

Sheri, thanks... I do what I can. ;o)

Melody, her twin LOVES all things girlie... Meg just marches to a different drummer.

Jack, I'm sure we'll all be the victims of at least one sneak snake attack! Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Kim, I posted a picture just for you! LOL