Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Day Eight: Beautifully Different

Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

==========================================================
I've been known to burst into song at the slightest provocation... say, for instance, hearing a word that reminds me of a song or song title.

I'm also insanely curious. I simply cannot stand NOT knowing something - so if someone asks a question to which I do not know the answer, out comes the phone or computer. This will inevitably lead me on a journey of a thousand links... often getting so lost in the wealth of information, that I forget the original question that I was attempting to answer!

I have a crooked nose... or maybe it's a crooked face, as the surgeon who repaired my broken nose once informed me.

I have a crazy laugh that often leads to snorting.

I'm horribly un-photogenic, having inherited my mother's knack for having my mouth open or my face contorted into some odd shape at the precise moment that the shutter snaps.

I love dogs... all kinds of dogs... and I always talk baby talk to them... even if they're in the car three lanes over. It's what I do.

I also love to cook... but I abhor recipes... so I cook with reckless abandon, tossing in a pinch of this and a dash of that. Every once in a while, the results are disastrous... but most often, it turns out exactly as I imagined.

I'm a hopeless romantic and an even more hopeless sentimental fool. I cry at Hallmark commercials... and once, even cried over a Purina Cat food commercial. Put me in a movie theater with a film like The Notebook or Steel Magnolias and I'm a blubbering mess. But on the flip-side, I can be scathingly sarcastic.

I'm not certain that any of these things really make me DIFFERENT, they just make me who I am... and after not liking that person for a very long time, I've come to be very fond of her.

No comments: