Monday, December 06, 2010

Day Three: Moment

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

=============================================================
It was a cool, but sunny morning here on Oahu and I awoke with butterflies in my stomach in anticipation of the day's events. I dressed in jeans, boots, and a long-sleeved tee and then pulled on the helmet. Sure and steady hands fastened the chin strap and steely blue eyes gazed into mine with such adoration that my breath caught in my throat.

Instructions followed: "lean with the bike and, whatever you do... trust me." The bike was black with purple flames and glimmering chrome - I threw my leg across the seat and placed my hands on his thighs, feeling the softness of the worn denim and the warmth of him.

We pushed off and glided down the incline, out of the parking lot, and down the mauka... at the bottom of the gulch, with the Pacific ocean to our right, the engine engaged and the deep rumble shattered the quiet of the morning. The vibration went through my whole body... thrilling... and then we were off... the wind in our faces, the sun warming us...

Over and over I coached myself in my mind... 'trust him... trust him'. As we rode on, past lush green mountains and sparkling turquoise seas, I settled into him and found this amazing sense of connectedness... With the gorgeous island as our backdrop, we became one in a way I never imagined.

No comments: