Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Freddie Mercury Answers Life's Difficult Questions

So, maybe it was the guy on American Idol who sang "We Are the Champions" that caused the song to rise to my conscious mind again... whatever the reason, I was just sitting here at my desk thinking of the lyrics -- the first verse in particular -- and I now have my answer to the question of deserving:

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

Who would have thought that the lyrics from a song by Queen would speak to my soul... but there you have it! This is the answer I've been searching for. This is why I DESERVE to succeed - to be happy - to live life to the fullest -- I've EARNED IT!

What a plethora of profundity... or perhaps it's just a mountain of manure. We may never really know for sure. Whatever the case, at least I got to exercise my alliterative muscles for the afternoon!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that song. It can speak to you at many times in your life, even if you don't realize it. :)

Tammy said...

Yes you do deserve success, Lauren! Don't ever doubt it even when it seems afar off...