Friday, February 11, 2005

This week's revelation

First, I want to answer some of the questions posed by my readers. (LOL) Yes, I took dance, voice and piano lessons as a child and then took ballroom dancing lessons after my first marriage broke up. I adore dancing and I'm pretty good at it, if I don't mind saying so myself. I worked in local theatre for several years after college and adored musicals -- I starred in Cabaret at a regional theatre (that tells you something about the changes in my figure over the years, because I acutally wore a bustier, garter and hose and looked GOOD! LOL Maybe I'll dig out one of the cast photos and scan it in.

Anyway, life eventually got in the way -- I burned out trying to earn a living AND do theatre for free and I let it fall by the wayside. One of my few regrets in life.

So, on to this week's revelation. As some of you know, I've been undergoing some neurological testing due to some severe headaches and memory loss and a few other assorted neurological happenings. Well, part of the baseline testing was to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. What an absolutely NEAT lady this doctor was. We talked for an hour and as I recounted my history to her I realized something: I've never been a real success at anything that's important to me. What?!? you might exclaim... yes, it's true! I did the retrogression myself and sure enough every time I get close to being TRULY successful at something wonderful, I self destruct! So, I've decided that it's time to get to the bottom of this and to put an end to the cycle. 40's not too late to do that, is it?

Anyhooooo... on the brighter side of life, I am totally, madly and deeply in love... with my puppy. He is absolutely the BEST thing that's ever happened to me. I've never really known what it's like to have any being so glad to see me and to always want to be with me. The minute I come through the door, I become the center of his Universe... and he of mine. Sad to say, but the marriage pales in comparison. Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, here's a picture of the little guy. Isn't he adorable?

1 comment:

Sheri said...

ph my Lord is Caleb adorable! Look at those eyes.

Lauren - I think you have such an amazing number of talents.. .singing, dancing and you're brilliant to boot!

Love your writing!