Sunday, May 14, 2006

Blue Funk

Happy @#%&* Mother's Day. NOT!

Warning: this is a pissy, pitty party of a post. Read at your own risk.

So... the tv's dead, my sales are in the toilet and now my $%&*)$ air mattress has a leak. By three o'clock this morning, my butt was hitting the box spring. I have neither the patience nor the money to purchase a new television or a new mattress and I'm pretty pissed off at the whole universe right now. I know this isn't the right way of thinking about things... I know that we attract into our lives those things on which we place our attention... but damned if I can remember contemplating not having a tv to watch or a bed to sleep on or even money to pay my bills.

Add to it all the fact that today is Mother's Day and everyone keeps wishing me Happy Mother's Day... thanks for the reminder of the one thing I'll NEVER be! Even today's scripture readings were like a kick in the gut: Blessed is the woman whose children and grandchildren praise her. Guess I'm in the "unblessed" line. Lovely.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks, Jack.

You're such a sweetie!

Ron said...

you were actually reading the wrong passage. this one applies to you. Matt 5:8