Monday, May 22, 2006

Broadway it Ain't!

Rehearsals for the upcoming cabaret are in full swing. I was feeling great about our group's sound -- we have a wonderful blend. We even have some nice solos. Well, tonight that all vanished -- poof -- went up in smoke. You see, tonight, we started adding choreography.

Now, that's no problem for me -- I was born dancing -- but for the vast majority of our ensemble, it's a MAJOR problem. You know the type: two left feet, rhythmically challenged, white men can't dance (or is it jump?). I ask you, if great dancers make bad ideas look good, what happens when you have awful dancers and mediocre ideas??? EEEGADS!!!

What ever made these people think that 60+ year old men and women should try to execute a uniform sway, or worse yet, do "Fosse"? And who, pray tell, EVER decided that I (one of the FEW who can walk and chew gum at the same time) should be coupled with an old man who has neither rhythm nor melody in his frail old frame and positioned at the farther-most point away from center stage? Who, I ask?

Ah... well, at least I have my solos.... and, well, we'll always have Paris.

(sigh)

No comments: