Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Diva is BACK!

So, (damn, I sure start a lot of posts with that word... maybe I need to expand the vocabulary a bit)...

Take Two: Well, my faithful readers, tonight the Diva was in the house! We did a run-through of the show and, despite my unrest with my location and partner on the Irving Berlin medley, it seems I'm pretty much center stage for the rest of the show... it's almost embarrassing... okay, not really... I'm just trying to summon a shred of modesty.

It seems that the industrial strength bra I purchased today alleviated most of the bouncing booby problem (sorry to disappoint, Jack! LOL) and I even got some additional (special - just for me) choreography. Did I mention that I love to perform... yeah, I thought it might have come up a time or two.

Anyhooo... It's late and I'm exhausted... but it's a good kind of exhausted. This... THIS I could do every day... they wouldn't even have to pay me. Oh, to be a 40's Torch Singer...

3 comments:

Sheri said...

keep up the great work Lauren! I'm betting you are wonderful (I've heard your singing remember?) awesome!!!!

3outta5 said...

Sounds very exciting, Lauren!!! I'm SURE you are going to be the star of the show.

Now, do share the industrial strength booby holder details, would ya? I wear the same size bra that you do, and dang, I'm sick of getting beat about the head!!!

Lauren said...

Jack... turns out we'll have a digital recording of the entire show... so I'll be sure to pick out the best parts!! ;o)

Sheri... thanks, sweetie... I'll see about posting something that sounds better than an audioblog from a cell phone!! LOL

Normie... I'm a bit long of tooth for that, I'm afraid. Maybe off-off Broadway... or summer stock! LOL

G... I found a Playtex FULL coverage bra (like our grandmothers used to wear). It has non-stretch straps and actually covers the WHOLE boobie! I'll e-mail you the style/UPC code.