Saturday, May 13, 2006

Life Without

Yes, can I have my life without television, please? I don't remember asking for it, but that's what I've gotten this morning. I turned on CNN, as is my morning habit, and all of a sudden Tony Harris' face starts to distort... then the screen starts rolling... it fades to gray and then with a flash, the set goes black. My faithful Zenith has left me... bereft and floundering in a season finale frenzy.

My mind races... Sunday night is the season finale of West Wing AND Survivor... Shit! And what will happen with Dr. Brown and his neighbor on Everwood? And then there's American Idol (okay, I fell off the boycott wagon... so sue me!) Of course, now that Chris has gone bye-bye, I really don't care who wins that... as long as it's not Taylor! And the FINAL episode of Will & Grace...

So, after two months of abysmal sales, I start to calculate: maybe the mortgage company won't NOTICE if I skip a month... and if I use my AMEX to pay my Visa bill and my Discover to pay my AMEX and my Visa to pay my Discover, maybe I can afford to buy a new set! Not likely.

So, I'm left with the option of either sucking up to my friends and family who watch the same shows, or bar hopping until I find a friendly bartender who'll give me the remote! The sad thing is, this has made it abundantly apparent that this self-professed NON-TV addicted soul is in far deeper trouble than she ever imagined... it's an old song, with a new twist: I want my HDTV!

No comments: