Monday, April 13, 2009

The Deed is Done

I spoke with A this weekend and told him that I think it's time we end the charade of pretending to be married. Of course, this necessitates him moving, so he wasn't happy about it. There was the usual accusation of cheating -- which I was expecting -- and even an offer to go to counseling -- which I didn't believe, because he has such a low opinion of anyone in that field. I've tried to remove as many obstacles as possible, so I'm paying for his movers and lifting his rent requirement until he moves out -- which, hopefully, will be on or about July 15th.

I have an appointment with an attorney on Wednesday and I'm on my way to the bank right now to unlink our accounts and remove the JTWROS provision from my accounts.

Now, I just have to figure out how to stay out of his way and convince him, without causing an argument, that Caleb should stay with me!

That's all I have for now.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Ann Smith said...

WTG, Lauren!!! You are an inspiration!

And we've got your back. From a distance, but we do.

Good for you! Keep us posted either here or on over 35

HUGS

Ann

Jules said...

((HUGS)) Lauren. I think when it's done-done, you'll find yourself feeling freer than ever and wondering why you waited so long. P&PT for the future...Jules