Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ma'am, step AWAY from the Blackberry

It occurs to me that booze and Blackberries simply do not mix. For the third time in as many weeks, I have fired off a totally inappropriate text message after the third or fourth adult beverage and it's become embarrassing! If I could figure out how to install a breathalyzer on the damned thing, I would -- they can do it with car ignitions, surely someone out there can figure out how to lock you out of the text messaging function if you're toasted.

So, this morning, once again, I'm sending the obligatory "I'm sorry... I'm an idiot" e-mail. Now, I need a nap. I'm old and simply cannot handle the late nights any more. (sigh) Sad, but true.

3 comments:

Michael Sullivan said...

Wow, Lauren, wow, that's all I have to say.

Michael

http://mypathwaystogod.blogspot.com

dragonflymama said...

Drunk texting... a risk for all of us that drink and carry a PDA. Three times in three weeks, oh dear! I know that times of transistion and stress will result in similar behavior from me. Don't beat yourself up, just maybe leave the smackberry in the other room next time you crack open a bottle of wine (or whatever pleases your palate). LOL!
-Dawn (Sunrisemommy)

Lauren said...

Turns out that the last message I sent (to a colleague) was taken with a pound of salt and we had a good laugh about it today. Whew... What a relief! The other two were not really inappropriate - just ill advised. The funniest one was the incoherent one that said "ztwt adgai n gsd tskljde now... WTF r u?!?"