Friday, April 10, 2009

Twist of Fate

My life has taken an interesting and unexpected turn. Stay tuned as a new possibility opens up and I set off into uncharted waters.

On the job front, I had one of THE most awful interviews of my life this past week. The hiring manager was the hind-end of an equine and tossed out such winning phrases as, "well, you DO realize that being a wholesaler is more than just being the bubbly girl at the front of the room whom everyone likes and when she's done they all say, 'wasn't she GREAT!'?" Oh, and then there was the priceless usage of the word "buffoon" in reference to our financial professionals and "nothing more than glorified trainers" in reference to the job I'm leaving. Yes, he was a real winner! I wouldn't take that job now if he begged me on hands and knees. What a schmuck!

On the home front, this weekend will be atom bomb weekend at my house. I have enough things settled that I feel confident in striking out on my own. I have a plan -- let's just hope it doesn't blow up in my face.

That's all for now... but, like I said, STAY TUNED!!!!!

No comments: