Sunday, April 19, 2009

When the Emotional Becomes Physical

Recently I've found that the mere thought of coming home causes me physical pain. It happened again today. I had been fine for most of my two days at the beach - save the emotional stress of trying to figure out what to do about my job (or the lack thereof) and trying to figure out why a friend took a particular, unexpected action in our relationship. Then, this morning after checking out of the hotel, I went for one last walk on the beach before heading home. As I turned around to head for the car, my stomach started hurting and by the time I reached the car, I was nearly bent over from the pain.

Just one more sign that I need to get this taken care of now... but it appears as if "A" is going to take every last day of the 90 days notice I gave him before he moves out... even offered to stay given the change in my work status.

In the midst of all of my personal drama, I got word that one of the two teens murdered near my home last week was the only son of my first high school boyfriend. That kind of put things in perspective.

1 comment:

Ann Smith said...

(((((Lauren))))))

I'm so sorry about al of this. I'm sorry Ali is being such a predictable sh*t and I hope you feel free to vent away here or on the Over 35 board.

We're all behind you every step of the way!

I know what you mean about the physiological feelings though. I'm so glad and proud of you that you've taken the steps you have.

And I'm very sorry to hear about the son of your first high school boyfriend. Awful.

Huge Hugs

Ann