Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Miscellaneous Musings

Last night while channel surfing, I ran across the Tavis Smiley show. He was interviewing Melissa Etheridge. She was talking about her new greatest hits album, her battle with breast cancer and life in general. I was taken with her. I've always liked her music -- it has a raw honesty about it -- but I found myself inspired by her sense of herself. I'm not sure what spiritual journey she is on, but it seems to have a profound effect on her life. Her countenance was glowing and she seemed to have a genuine sense of peace. It made me want to know her and it made me want others to feel the same way about me. (does that make any sense?)

___________________________________________________________________

I was so relieved when the weekend was over and Mr. Small went back to work. It seems like such an effort to just be in the same space with him. He finally moved the X-Box to the master bedroom (which is "his room" now). I was relieved. He stayed in there playing until 'Surface' came on.

I'm really looking forward to my trip to Chicago -- a whole week away! Of course, I'll miss my baby terribly, but I won't have to spend one single moment feigning interest in some innane conversation with Mr. Small. It won't be long now -- December should bring Independence Day for me.

___________________________________________________________________

Thought for the Day:
If my dreams could all come true
Paradise would be
In a little bungalow
Somewhere by the sea.

D. Morgan (c) 1993
from a pen and ink print that hangs on my office wall

1 comment:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Melissa Etheridge. I have been to one concert in my life.... hers. It was amazing. It was just prior to her cancer discovery. You're right about her new spiritual power. And if you ask me, she looks pretty damn good bald.