Thursday, October 27, 2005

Only five days to go...

and if frostbite doesn't set in first, I will accomplish my goal of not turning on the furnace until November! Nights have been in the 40's, but I'm happy to report that my new double-pane, energy efficient windows have managed to maintain the inside temperature in the low to mid-sixties.

It's odd, because I can remember as a teenager that once the temperature got above 60 degrees in the spring, I'd be out in my bathing suit tanning. At the moment, I'm in sweats and a t-shirt, thick wool socks and fuzzy slippers and my fingers are BLUE! I'd be wearing gloves too, only I've not yet mastered the art of gloved blogging. Truth be told, the only thing keeping my teeth from chattering is this wonderful cuppa Hazelnut Cream coffee. Mmmmmm...

For inspiration, I've placed the letter from my heating oil company in plain sight -- the one informing me of the 24% increase in this year's monthly installment plan.

Yeah... I vote for wooly mittens instead... perhaps with a nice faux fur trim...

Trhjewre, tyhgat's bvettrert!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Brrrr...I hear ya... mitts would be good in my house about now...maybe I'll go bake some cookies?? Good excuse to turn the oven on and warm things up (plus have some oatmeal raisin cookies I swore I wouldn't have til I lost this last pound, lol!). A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do...