Monday, October 10, 2005

Rain, rain, go away!!!!

Oh my GOD, I can't take it any more! It's been raining for five fucking days and I'm about to climb right smack dab up the wall! I love a rainy day every once in a while -- it's a great excuse for sleeping in, or curling up with a good book, or watching Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time... but ENOUGH ALREADY!

It must have been having the same effect on the lady (and I use that term loosely) who did my fingerprint cards at the police station today. Boy, howdy, did SHE have an attitude! I refused to take the bait though, and showered her with praise and appreciation. I even added a dash of Southern drawl for good measure. Who knows, maybe I made her day brighter... or maybe I merely added fuel to the fire!

One thing I can say for sure is that I will be enormously grateful when I can get back to work. I was simply not cut out to be a housewife! June Cleaver would die of shock and horror at my domesticity. My foray into her domain lasted about 48 hours before I proclaimed, "screw this shit, I want a MAID!!!!"

I guess that's all for today... other than to welcome Seshat to my rantings and ravings... and fear not my new-found friend... as you can see from this post, your language does not offend.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

Melody said...

It's been raining here for over a week too and I am ready to SCREAM! I don't mind a rainy day once in a while either, in fact I spend them pretty much like you do...dirty dancing rocks!, but come on 5 in a row...I'm starting to get soggy.