Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Moving Day

Today is the day. For months and months now, my husband and I have been living separate lives -- under the same roof and often in the same bed -- but separate, nonetheless. But today, I'm making a change. I'm moving all of my belongings into the guest room.

Last night, after a week of sleeping on the sofa due to HIS snoring, I decided that I needed a good night's sleep and crawled into our oh-so-comfy queen-sized bed. I put in my ear plugs and was just about to drift off to sleep when HE jumps out of bed in a huff and accuses me of having him "so programmed that I'm waking myself up when I begin to snore" Now, this is nothing more than pure-t, unadulterated horse hockey! He rarely, if EVER, wakes up when I creep out of bed in the middle of the night for quieter quarters. Being up to my eyeballs with his penchant for blaming EVERYTHING that's wrong in his life on someone else, I did something I rarely do -- I called him on it. So, today, I decided to remove the potential for drama from my nightly bedtime routine and just move all of my things into the guest room.

The reason I haven't done this sooner is because the mattress in there is so incredibly uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep on it. However, I had forgotten that we had a double, high-quality air mattress -- so I decided to remove the forty-year-old reject from a torture chamber and replace it with the air mattress.

So, that's my task for today. I'm about mid-way through, but needed a break. I'll update later tonight on HIS reaction to it all.

Oh, you might be wondering why I don't just move out entirely -- you see, it's MY house. When I refinanced several months ago after his insane gun-toting, I'm going to shoot the computer or myself night, I had him sign a quit claim deed. I'm hoping that, sooner or later, he's going to get tired of living this way and move out. Until then, I'm happy to collect his $1600 per month contribution to our living expenses. So, please celebrate moving day with me, k? I'm sooo looking forward to a good, peaceful night's sleep.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Here's to a good night's sleep!

I'm hoping for peace for you soon.

Jules said...

Here's to a good night's sleep for you Lauren!

Jules

Tammy said...

Yay!!!!!! Great move to your own space Lauren. You do NOT need to put up with his "stuff" anymore... hope you slept well!