Sunday, October 23, 2005

Universal Secret Revealed

Mark your calendars, folks. From henceforth and forever more, October 22, 2005 shall be known as X-Box Cessation Day. Be it known that, after months and months of research into the number of hours a grown male can play the same X-Box game, a conclusion has finally been reached. A 40 year old male has been witnessed playing Halo II virtually non-stop from 5:00 am until 11:30 pm -- a startling 18.5 hours. The game was only paused for the following:
  • Junk food ingestion (3 times)
  • Alcohol ingestion (1/2 bottle of Glenlevit and several beers)
  • Elimination of above referenced items
  • Communication with other techno geeks (2 trips to check e-mail)

At 11:32 pm, the subject was overheard proclaiming: "I'm tired of playing this game."

It should also be noted for the record that the phenomenon of X-Box Cessation seems to last a mere 6 hours, as the subject was once again discovered playing the SAME game by 5:30 am the following morning. At this time, the NIH is looking into possible treatments for this disease; however, a cure is likely decades in the making.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Are you serious??? Over 18 hours? I would have such a migraine from that.

Here's to hoping that your near future will be better... nothing around driving you bonkers like that.

Tammy said...

Really, you make light of it, but that's pathetic... he really needs to get a life. I hope that you don't have to deal with that much longer.

(((((((HUGS))))))) You are my hero for your patience, that is all I can say...

Lauren said...

Sheri... YEP. Can you believe it? I sure couldn't. I had to spend the day holed up in the master bedroom. I finally called my mom and asked if I could come visit for a while. I just couldn't take it any more!

Jack... I think that it makes you less of a BOY.

Tammy... It's really not a virtue, my dear... it's out of sheer necessity that I put up with it. It won't be long now... by December I should be able to reclaim my independence.