Wednesday, October 26, 2005

When will I learn?

So, today I had meetings with potential partner agents with my new company. After making the rounds and meeting some really wonderful people, my distribution leader and I sat down to discuss my projected income for 2006. We came up with a very nice number, based on the agents with whom I'll be partnered.

When I got home, I was so excited about the events of the day that I made the BIG mistake of mentioning that number to Mr. Small. Not five minutes later, he came back with this workshop renovation project that will cost a huge chunk of change. He hasn't even darkened the door of that workshop in two years -- not to mention the fact that he SWORE he'd never work in there again. I haven't made a penny yet and he already has my first quarter earnings spent! What a schmuck! I almost got upset about it, but then I realized that he won't be around to see one red cent of it!!!

Moohaaahaaahaaahaaahaaa!

4 comments:

Jules said...

I must advise you to amend that number in his brain asap by saying "oops, I miscalculated" (irony considering your job in the financial world. LOL

It's just a CYA move, since Mr. Small being small, when divorce proceedings do begin, he might make some assumptions that he has a right to more stuff or more money.

Jules

Naughti Biscotti said...

When are you starting divorce proceeding? Do you plan on surprising him?

Jules has some good advice. They may think he has a right to your new earning. Talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. Halt all purchases.

You're about to start a very difficult journey. Take us along.

Lauren said...

Virginia is very old fashioned in divorces and we're not a community property state. His earning potential is the same, if not greater than mine and I plan to start the proceedings before I have any significant reportable earnings. I've already seen an attorney - that's why I got the quit claim deed on the house and had it refinanced in my name only. I don't think he'd have much of a leg to stand on.

Naughti Biscotti said...

you're a damn smart woman. wish i had thought my issues out as well has you have. from the looks of it, you'll come out on top.