Monday, November 07, 2005

All's Quiet on the Western Front...

This morning's routine went off without so much as a snide remark, for which I am most grateful. I ALMOST e-mailed him an apartment brochure from Apartments.com, but I figured I'd best let the sleeping dog lie, if you know what I mean.

Despite the fact that I'm about to embark on what I know from personal experience to be a painful process, I feel so relieved -- happy almost. My biggest fear is that he will attempt to "dog nap" Caleb... I found it hysterically funny that he wanted to get into a pissing match over who takes better care of the dog. Hmmm... let's see...

Him:
Grossed out by puke, pee and poop and, therefore, will not clean it up.
Has spent $0 on veterinary care
Takes the dog out and/or feeds him ONLY if I am incapacitated or absent
Has spent lots-o-dollars on toys and treats
Has zero patience when he misbehaves or wants attention when it's not convenient
Loves to get him all riled up and then gets mad when the dog gets rambunctious
Has been heard stating, "Sometimes I just want to rip his throat out." and "I never wanted a dog anyway, so YOU have to take care of him."

Me:
Always cleans up the puke, pee and poop
Has paid for all veterinary care and administers all regular treatments
Takes him out at 5am every morning and every time in between.
Serves all meals
Has spent not-as-many-dollars on toys and treats
Sometimes gets frustrated with rambunctious behavior... but would open a vein for the little guy in a heart beat.

I guess he knew that was the quickest way to get to me... he was right.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Caleb belongs with you for sure! The way Mr. Small is with the dog is JUST how my dh is. BUT when the dog is being good, he takes all the credit. wtf????

Lauren said...

Yeah, I get accused of spoiling him and then I catch MS giving him freshly grilled tuna. Yeah, right!