Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Have Mercy, PLEASE!

In my new job, I am partnering with several agents around the metro area. One of them is a smoker -- as is her staff. I'm committed to being in her office two days per week and I think it's going to be the death of me.

See, this ex-smoker (me) has developed a severe allergy to cigarette smoke and all residuals thereof and the break room where they smoke is attached to my office. At the moment, I have an air purifier/ionizer sitting a few feet from my face and a can of Febreeze air freshener at the ready and I'm CHOKING TO DEATH!!!

I don't know if my poor respiratory system can take this much abuse. I just hope and pray that the allergic reaction doesn't trigger my immune system to flare up (I have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease)

Another 30 minutes and I'm getting the heck out of here. I can't TAKE it any more!!!!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Ah - Lauren I am also a former smoker.... 20 years and quit cold turkey 3 years ago in February. I am not allergic to the smoke but I can't stand it. That was one of the motivators for me to stop smoking.... the smell of it. I hope the air purifier/Febreeze does the trick