Monday, November 21, 2005

Random ramblings...

Well, girls' night out was fun. We talked for hours and then decided to go catch a movie and another friend joined us there. We saw Prime with Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman. It was funny and poignant and absolutely MADDENING at the end. I HATED, HATED, HATED the ending. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may want to see it, but all three of us were kvetching about it as we made our exit from the theatre. Still, Meryl's performance alone made it worth the price of admission.

On the home front, I had to encounter the first, and hopefully last, maddening interaction with a service provider. I HATE having to explain my personal life to perfect strangers. I put in an order for new service with the cable company and came home to this sickeningly sweet message on my voice mail - addressed to Mr. Small - stating, "Lauren isn't on your account as an authorized user, so I need your permission to make this change. If you could just call me and tell me it's okay to let her make this change, we'll get the upgrade taken care of." Oh. My. God. was my blood boiling... LET me make a change on a service that's attached to MY HOUSE that's in MY NAME. Red, I tell you, I was seeing RED! And all of this is due to the fact that he LIED to me about having put in his request for a service change!!!!! Now, my installation date is going to be delayed because HE didn't do what he said he was going to do.

Methinks it's time for a very large glass of vino... especially now that I've had to chase the dog through the house to TRY to get him to barf on a hard surface, instead of an oriental rug. Why do dogs choose the BEST rug in the house on which to vomit????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I remember in the 90 day waiting period for my divorce to be finalized, I kept having to use my old last name to sign my credit card charges, etc...I hated it.

Finally, even though I couldn't legally change my name on my cards, I just started signing my maiden name. Nobody ever asked me a single thing about it.

OH, and on the day my divorce was final, I went out and test drove a sports car. When I said I wanted to think about it, the sales guy said "Oh, you have to go home and ask your husband?"

WRONG ANSWER!!! LOL

Needless to say, he didn't have a prayer of me buying a car from him!