Tuesday, November 15, 2005

That Place

I went to that place yesterday. I hadn't been there in a long time -- months, perhaps. I'd forgotten how much I love that place. There is peace and joy... joy like the Bible talks about... unspeakable and full of glory... I always loved that verse. I've been visiting that place since I was about twelve... it got me through the worst times in my life... it kept me going... it healed my broken spirit... but I've neglected it and I wondered if I'd be able to find my way back. Surely the path was overgrown.

But there it was... in all of its glory... that place. If you're a musician, then you know it well... it's that place you go where your body seems to disappear and you become part of something greater than yourself... where you cease to think about the notes you're playing and just let the music pour from your body... it's a spiritual experience... supernal... words fail to capture the magnitude of emotion -- the sheer bliss of becoming one with the creative energy.

I went to that place yesterday and found myself there.

1 comment:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Oh God I know that place. I may not have found it in music but I find it in that moment when I'm absorbed in a painting... putting the last coat on when it ceases to be 2 dimensional and suddenly leaps out at me in 3 D. That moment when I know I have it right... I have something unique here and regardless of the hell around me... I will always have this... it belongs to me. It is a moment of pure perfection that I share with no one.