Wednesday, November 23, 2005

No wonder our roads are among the worst in the country!

Twas the night before Thanksgiving
While driving through town,
A series of signs said that one lane was down.
With me in the right lane and others there too,
We were merging quite nicely -- we knew what to do.
Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear
But a blinking arrow sign and eight tiny reindeer (actually, they were orange cones, but that just doesn't rhyme!).
We scurried and hurried and moved to the left
And some sat there staring and looking bereft.
The workers seemed stunned, confused by the scene
As some honked their horns and yelled words quite obscene.
I heard it exclaimed as I drove out of sight, "it's the other left lane, moron... can't you get it right?"

It's times like this when I really wish I'd taken the plunge and gotten a trendy camera phone!


1 comment:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Laughing my ass off. That was a fine peice of poetry there Lauren. Excellent post!!