Wednesday, November 23, 2005

For all of this, and more, I am truly thankful

I am thankful for:

  1. My mom - my best friend. I'm so blessed to have her so close by.
  2. My dad - without whom the above relationship would not be possible
  3. My puppy - he loves me no matter what and his kisses always make me giggle
  4. My beautiful home - which belonged to my grandmother and is so FULL of memories
  5. My country - regardless of its faults and mistakes, it's still a pretty wonderful place.
  6. Freedom of speech
  7. Freedom of religion
  8. The beauty of nature
  9. Compassion
  10. The ocean... which centers and calms me
  11. My beautiful nieces
  12. The joy of singing
  13. The ecstasy of playing a Beethoven Sonata or a Chopin Etude
  14. Music, music, music
  15. Art
  16. Artists
  17. Abundant blessings
  18. Security and plenty... and the understanding that we are defined not by what we have but by what we give
  19. Flowers
  20. Squirrels playing in the trees (but NOT digging up my bulbs from the garden! ;o)
  21. Birds singing
  22. Children singing
  23. Children laughing
  24. Good friends who take me just as I am -- warts and all
  25. Food... for sustenance and for enjoyment... I'm so fortunate to know BOTH joys
  26. A good education
  27. Laughter
  28. Freshly laundered linens
  29. A good glass of wine
  30. Harris Teeter - the only store in town that's open today to save me from my botched attempt at making a sugar-free cake from scratch (sorry mom)
  31. Books to read and the freedom to read them
  32. The gift of life
  33. The gift of eternity
  34. Oneness with the Universe
  35. Joy unspeakable and full of glory
  36. and many, many, many more things

I am truly, truly blessed.

No comments: