Monday, November 14, 2005

Rusty Pipes

Last week after church, the choir director at the church I've been visiting came flying out of the building after me - no doubt tipped off by the deaconness who was standing in front of me during the service. She wanted me to come visit the choir and see if I would consider joining. I was unable to attend last week because of travel for work, but I'm going this week. I just hope she isn't disappointed! I'm afraid my upper register is quite rusty and I'm not convinced of my ability to squeak out so much as a high G... and God forbid I be required to go higher than that!

I suppose it's time to get back to a regular routine of vocal exercise... there's just one problem with that... the dog barks every time I start. Maybe he thinks I'm in pain, or maybe it hurts his ears... I'm not sure which... but either way, it's certainly not encouraging! A music critic dog... who'd've thunk it?

1 comment:

Mike Todd said...

Me me me meeeee. Oh wait, this isn't my blog. Sorry.